[Asterisk-Users] Problem with chan-capi: outgoing calls on two lines

Karsten Wemheuer kwem at gmx.de
Mon Feb 27 06:59:13 MST 2006

Hello,

while testing the following scenario, I ran into trouble:
One * box with two AVM active controllers in Point-to-Point-Mode is
connected to another * box with ZapHFC/Quad-BRI cards using bristuff in
NT-mode.
All is working fine, I can call from one box to the other and vice
versa.

But if I'll cut one line, it is not possible to place an outbound call
from chan-capi accross the still existing line.

In detail:
When all lines are connected, the first two calls are placed on line 1
(which is on controller 1). The next two calls are placed on line 2 (on
controller 2)
If I'll cut line 2, all works as expected (I can place two calls on line
1).
But if I'll cut line 1, leaving line 2 up and running, I can not place
any call. The CLI tells something about "Protocol error layer 1 (broken
line or B-channel removed by signalling protocol)" and "No one is
available to answer at this time (1:0/0/0)"

If I do the same thing in the opposite direction (Calls are initiated
from the other box with bristuff in NT-mode), all works fine.

What am I doing wrong (or is this a bug)?

Thanks in advance,
Karsten