[Asterisk-Users] Newbie config help? Wellgate 3701a (answers)

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Mon Feb 27 01:44:34 MST 2006

Short version:

Flash device with latest SIP firmware (currently 1.04)
Set "Network" (I am using the LAN port only) and "SIP" config as
expected.
Set "Line configuration" so that the FXO is "hotline" to the asterisk
extension you want to ring with incoming PSTN calls (mine is set to
2020).
Set "System configuration" so that the "keypad type" is inband (rfc2833
doesn't seem to work?).
Change the "Routing Table" so that the default for "IP" is set to FXO
for destination.
Click "commit data" and then the commit button.
Click "reboot" and then the reboot button.

Asterisk looks like this:
;
; SIP entry for user  Wellgate (FXO)
[2003]
type=friend
secret=hushhush
dtmfmode=inband
auth=md5
host=dynamic
nat=yes
reinvite=no
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
context=autocontext
callerid="Alton Qwest Line"<2065551212>

;
; SIP entry for user Wellgate (FXS)
[2005]
type=friend
secret=Shhhhh
auth=md5
host=dynamic
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=g729
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
allow=ilbc
context=autocontext
callerid="Alton Estates"<2005>

And the dialplan bit:
; Dial any 7 digit numbers through that plain old telephone network
exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@2003)
exten => _NXXXXXX,2,Hangup
;

Still a few minor issue 1) with double ringback on IAXCOMM, and one
with the beginning of audio being snipped on the FXS connected phone?
Not too bad though for a newb with a couple of 1/4 days :~)

I think it fixes my echo issue also.  I can hear a sort of crackle for
the first 3 seconds of the call and then it's all good.