[Asterisk-Users] Music on hold and conferencing on OS X

Joseph Blake joseph at mckinneytech.com
Sun Feb 26 21:03:18 MST 2006

We're setting up asterisk at the office (really doing some testing
right now) and it is going to be hosted on a dual G5 XServe running
OS X. We're an apple certified solutions provider, etc. so we want to
build all our stuff on apple hardware and software. Anyway, the last
sticking point is moh and meetme. Is there any solution to get moh
and meetme working on OS X? Meetme isn't necessarily a big deal for
us in our setup, but we plan to start selling asterisk solutions to
our customers and they might need/want a conference solution. Also,
something that is somewhat of a big deal (but not a deal breaker) for
us is music on hold. Is there any way to get moh working without
zaptel drivers, or is there another timing source that asterisk can
use that works on OS X? I see alot of people using OS X for asterisk,
but no one mentions moh except that it doesn't work, and those posts
are from over a year ago. So, just looking for input on moh/meetme,
and also any general observations people have from working with
asterisk on OS X.

thanks,
~joseph