[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Web-Based Voicemail?

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Sun Feb 26 12:59:06 MST 2006

Martin Joseph wrote:

> On Feb 26, 2006, at 12:57 AM, Alexander Burke wrote:
>
>> Hello, list!
>>
>> After Googling and checking out the voip-info wiki, I haven't had
>> much luck in locating a decent web-based voicemail system for
>> Asterisk to check your VM while you're away from the office without
>> using a phone.
>>
>> Can anyone make any recommendations for such packages/applications?
>
> I like the emailing of messages.  I email them directly to an
> account(IMAP) that has a webmail access, then I can view and listen
> from anywhere.
>
> This also creates a "backup" of the voicemail messages on a separate
> drive, which I also see as a positive.
>
> my 2c (us)
> Marty

Unless you have good QOS routing be sure that mail server is somewhere
where you don't have voip phones. I had a mail server at an office with
400k sdsl. I would be on a call and let an incoming call go to voice
mail. The incoming email with wav file attached often caused audio
dropout if the other party was speaking. Same thing happened when people
mailed in large msoffice file attachments. I moved the mail server and
webmail to another location and that cleaned it up pretty well.