[Asterisk-Users] Newbie config help? Wellgate 3701a

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Sun Feb 26 00:50:24 MST 2006

Hi again,

Kind of sheepish about asking for help, as I have only spent a day
banging my head off this...

I got my new Welltech 3701a, 1FXS,1FXO gateway.

I flashed it with what is seemingly the appropriate firmware (SIP
V1.04).  This seems to have gone ok, and it is now registering both
ports ok with asterisk.  For 1 minute I thought I was home free and and
everything was just going to work like magic.  Wrong.

Problem #1) With my previous FXO (HT-488) I was using the following in
my dialplan:
exten => _NXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/@2003,60,D(w${EXTEN}))

The above doesn't work for the Wellgate. So I tried:
exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@2003

This doesn't work either.

I am hoping to dial 7 digit numbers directly through the FXO.

Problem #2) Something is amiss with the DTMF.  I can call in to
asterisk from my IAX phones and use Comedian mail fine (tones sent out
of band).  If I dial the extension of my FXO I hear dial tone,  but the
DTMF tones aren't heard, so I can't dial...  Very odd, this also worked
perfectly with the HT-488

The "documentation" from Wellgate is a complete joke, with many choice
nonsense sentences.

If anyone has experience with this device, or ones that sound similar,
I would love some help and or ideas...

Thanks much,
Marty