[Asterisk-Users] Call quality problems

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sat Feb 25 12:20:34 MST 2006

Michael Welter wrote:

> I'm not on site, but I remember 1.6.4.

I had in place 1.6.2, and had way to many problems with it.  I reverted
back to 1.5.2 and things cleared up.

> Is the phone (or Asterisk) performing echo suppression that drops the
> last part of the tone?

I believe the phone does some E.C. along with Asterisk.

> Also, there are no ZAP cards in the system.  What timing source does SIP
> use to play the incoming media stream?

I think the only time you need a timing source is if you are mixing
audio streams, i.e. meetme, MOH.  In which case you'd probably need to
run ztdummy.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: