[Asterisk-Users] What business IP phone to use

stoffell stoffell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 11:46:32 MST 2006

On 2/25/06, Chris Bagnall <asterisk at minotaur.cc> wrote:
> It's a fascinating thread, this.
> So, for all the criticism, I'll continue using cheap switches, recycled

Chris, I mostly agree.. In Europe a 'small' business often only counts
2 - 5 persons. When the budget doesn't allow it, the only way one can
keep a customer satisfied, is by trying to get the best of both
worlds.. Wich isn't always easy, but sometimes necessary.
(not all SMB's need a failover server, etc..)

However.. When possible, I also try to use manageable switches,
high-end hardware, and dedicated servers for important tasks.

The idea of having an asterisk server that also handles 'other' tasks
during the night (in case the company isn't open 24hrs..) is a good
one and one to remember..

Cheers..