[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk, SIP phone , NAT

yusuf yusuf at ecntelecoms.com
Sat Feb 25 06:09:03 MST 2006

Paul Lacatus wrote:
> I have an asterisk pbx conected to internet. I need to connect to
> asterisk a sip phone over the net that will be connected to the internet
> over a NAT router. I found on the net that SIP is not very NAT
> friendly.  If somebody has a how-to for my problem please share it with
> me . Also any experience in this problem will be helpfull.
>
> --
> believed to be clean.

Hi Paul,

in sip.conf

[123]
username=123
secret=123
type=friend
context=sip123
allow=all
host=dynamic
nat=yes
canreinvite=no
qualify=yes

The important ones are
host=dynamic - if the sip phone behind the nat is going to register on
asterisk
nat=yes       - tells asterisk to not look to send packets back to the
Ip in the SIP header, but the  IP in the IP header
qualify = yes
canreinvite=no