[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Topology

Ron McCarthy ronmccar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 14:26:25 MST 2006

Hi List,

Im planning on setting up asterisk for a large scale enviorment, with
multiple sites.

We will be doing quite a bit of inner office calling at each site, and want
to place a smaller scale * box at each site with no PRI's, and have that
connect to our main * servers at our data center that will have the PRI
connections.

Can this be done? I havent seen to much of this on the mailing list, im
guessing each server would talk to the main * server via a IAX trunk or a
SIP peer. Also one other key point would then be to keep the voicemail for
each office on its local * server instead of having it go to the data
center.

My main concern is the dialplan, I guess if the peer is not local it would
then go out the IAX or SIP gateway to the main * server and then check in
its dial plan/routing table there, correct?

Any help/suggesstion on this would be great!

Thanks
Ron