[Asterisk-Users] ImportVar Syntax

Steven Ringwald asric at asric.com
Fri Feb 24 12:11:04 MST 2006

I am trying to use ImportVar to get some information out of a SIP/ZAP
channel. I cannot seem to find an example of the syntax, or what
variables I can access.

Basically, I would like to output which person is being called. i.e:
SIP/25 calls SIP/21. 25 executes a macro, and the result is SIP/21.  The
info that I want is stored in the channel's "Direct Bridge" variable.

I have tried: ImportVar(TEST=SIP/25-6d2a|name)

which doesn't seem to do anything. Looking through the code, the thing
that I am looking for is:

c->_bridge->name (in function "handle_showchan).

The voip-info page for ImportVar returns an error, and I couldn't find
any occurance of ImportVar, except in pbx.c.

Thanks in advance!

Steve