[Asterisk-Users] fax receive using TDM400P

Thomas Artner artner at gmx.com
Fri Feb 24 07:25:07 MST 2006

Hi!

I am using tdm400 cards for receiving faxes. It worked quite out of the box. I
installed spandsp for the rxfax application only.

I use it as phone/fax switch:
All incoming calls are answered automatically to listen whether its a fax or
not. If it is a fax, the call is forwarded to the buil-in fax extension,
otherwise the analog phones (all on tdm400) rings.

It works without problems. Its for a small company (about a few faxes per
hour)

Tom

Am Freitag, 24. Februar 2006 07:10 schrieb Anton Krall:
> Guys.
>
> Ive been testing how to receive faxes using TDM400P cards and so far, after
> playing with gains, echocancell and echotraining on zapata.conf.. Ive ha
> dno luck, faxes come in as garbage or broken or with blank lines.
>
> Anybody has successfully done this? Any tips.. Also I have some ideas:
>
> 1. Is it really possible to get fxes on a fax machine using ATAs like the
> sipura 2002? Even using ulaw and pass-thru, is it possible?
>
> 2. Since the faxes is coming from PSTN thru the card, I guess asterisk will
> always stay in the middle right? No way around this.
>
> 3. Im also trying to receive faxes usign a TE110P card with spandsp,
> unicall and E1 R2MFC, no luck also, some stuff, garbage and broken faxes.
> Anybody done this sucessfuly?
>
> Hope anybody can share their thoughts and insight on this.

Thomas Artner