[Asterisk-Users] Re: chan_capi-cm-0.6.4

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Fri Feb 24 02:43:31 MST 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Ralf Schlatterbeck wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 02:45:25PM +0100, Armin Schindler wrote:
> > > Hello Armin, hello List
> > > I'm trying to get chan_capi working with asterisk from debian stable
> > > (asterisk 1.0.7, the debian version number is 1:1.0.7.dfsg.1-2).
> > > I managed to get it compiled by providing my own version of
> > > ast_copy_string.
> >
> > Hmm, this should be handled automatically by the config script.
> > Does Debian use a patched version of Asterisk?
> Probably, yes. There is a bug-report on sourceforge:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1435172&group_id=140312&atid=746578
> I'm getting exactly the same error.

Ah yes. Sorry I missed that. 0.6.4 does not check the existense of
ast_copy_string(), CVS HEAD does. I will try to fix that soon.

> > > Interesting is, that I receive an INFO_IND *before* the CONNECT_IND.
> > > This looks like an interesting variation of Austrian ISDN to me.
> >
> > Maybe it is a variation of the ISDN line, but the driver should fix that.
> > Sending INFO_IND with a call-reference (PLCI) which is assigned by
> > CONNECT_IND later, is just an error of the isdn driver.
> You mean, the capi part of misdn? Should I report a bug against mISDN?

Yes. Maybe it is already fixed in mISDN and you have an older version?

> > If you use mISDN, why don't you use chan_misdn?
> How reliable is that? Any experience?

I don't have any experience with mISDN. I just noticed the big work going on
with mISDN and I assume that the support is good.

Armin