[Asterisk-Users] Which Quad Port FXO is Best?

John Kelly johnfkelly at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 23 23:30:32 MST 2006

I'm looking to handle 3 PSTN lines with my Asterisk server.  I have a
Digium TDM22B and Sipura 3000.  The Sipura works great, but the TDM22B
seems to have terrible problems with my board---virtually all
peripherals need to be disabled in BIOS, and then there is terrible
noise, terrible silence and virtually no ability to use DTMF in IVRs.  I
really wish the TDM22B worked, because I much prefer storing all my
configurations on one device, and not needing separate peer accounts for
each PSTN line.  However,  I don't have the skills or spare hardware to
debug this quickly, and I'm really wanting to get on with the task of
developing some AGI apps.

I see several 4 port FXO Analog/SIP gateways on voipsupply.com:

[$350] Clipcom 410:
http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=240
[$635] Mediatrix 1204:
http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=171
[$560] Patton 4114:
http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=863

I know it would be cheaper to buy two more Sipuras, but it might be
worth the extra $$ to cut down on the power adapters and have a
centralized point of administration, especially if it didn't involve
dozens of browser mouse clicks to 3 separate HTTP servers.  Reliability
is the primary criterium, though.

Can anybody give any recommendations?  And are these digium problems
unusual?