[Asterisk-Users] mpg123 alternative?

Soner Tari list at kulustur.org
Thu Feb 23 15:50:52 MST 2006

Thanks for the info Matt.

I had the zombie issue too. Based on my observations I decided those
processes were due to safe_asterisk not killing rawplayer (it does mpg123
processes). So I modified safe_asterisk to do that, and zombie processes
were gone.

But you may be right, native players may be better. Kevin should know better
anyway. (However, on my slooow test machine, native mp3 player speeds up and
down sometimes, so I need every processor cycle. Not a recommended
configuration on production systems of course.)