[Asterisk-Users] Fromstring when sending e-mail on recievedvoicemail

Christian Schmidt christian at siebenbergen.de
Thu Feb 23 13:01:20 MST 2006

Hello Arne,

Arne Morten Johansen, 21.02.2006 (d.m.y):

> Just one more question. In /etc/passwd there's a line with "asterisk"
> and "added by portage" in it. Can I just change this without screwing
> up everything?

You can change these entries except from the number at the beginning
of the line.

> Or is there a command to change user info or something?
> As you can see, I'm not so good in Linux.

This number I mentioned before is the numerical User ID. While human
beings deal with names the (UNIX-like) system only deals with numbers
and identifies users by their numerical UIDs.

Regards,
Christian

--
Vorläufig habe ich noch keine Lust ins bessere Jenseits zu beißen.
		-- Heinz Erhardt