[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail problems

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Feb 23 12:17:02 MST 2006

> I've asked this question in the past, but I didn't get a precise answer.  Hopefully somebody
will take note of my question.
> Before I forget, I am using Asterisk 1.2.4.
>
> I've been using the Voicemail app with success (i.e. it works) except for one single thing: the
ONLY message that it ever played back to the caller
> is the temporary message.  If I delete the temporary message (through the voicemail menu), then
a generic message is played (not one that I've
> recorded myself).
>
> I am not sure if the unavailable message or the busy message should be played, but neither are.
My .conf file is this:

> exten => 1,1,Dial(SIP/grandstream2000|20) ; 20 seconds of trying my GrandStream GXP2000
> exten => 1,2,VoiceMail(1 at test)
>
> What could be the issue?

Not sure what you are really doing with the above, but look over the
following examples.

To dial extension 3000, one would do something like this:
exten => 3000,1,Dial(SIP/3000,15)
exten => 3000,2,Voicemail(3000|ug(6))
exten => 3000,102,Voicemail(3000|bg(6))
exten => 3000,103,Hangup

For a working extension, to check voicemail do something like this in
your extensions.conf:
; Voicemail access (prompts for exten and password)
exten => 3998,1,Wait,1
exten => 3998,2,VoicemailMain
exten => 3998,3,Hangup

; Voicemail access (does not prompt for anything)
exten => 3999,1,Wait,1
exten => 3999,2,VoicemailMain(s${CALLERID(num)})
exten => 3999,3,Hangup

And be sure that voicemail.conf has an entry like this:
3000 => 3000,Your Name,your-email-address