[Asterisk-Users] Calls not going through

Gerard Saraber gsaraber at rarcoa.com
Thu Feb 23 08:32:22 MST 2006

I had a similar problem, basically asterisk would be sending dialled
digits before the telco was ready to pick them up, in my case some
numbers would work but most wouldn't and i'd get messages from the telco
like you described, the solution I'm using: put a delay before dialing
the number:
from my extensions.conf:
PAUSE=w
[trunklocal]
exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${PAUSE}${EXTEN},${TIMEOUT},W)
exten => _NXXXXXX,2,Congestion

similar for the long distance and international calls
basically dial a "w" before sending the actual number.

HTH

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 07:33 -0700, duane.pudenz at shastaindustries.com