[Asterisk-Users] mpg123 alternative?

Soner Tari list at kulustur.org
Thu Feb 23 08:13:08 MST 2006

I vote for the raw file format, due to the reasons listed here:
http://www.orderlyq.com/asteriskqueues.html

Also there is a note on the same page as follows:

Note: As of Asterisk 1.2.0, Mpg123 is no longer used by Asterisk, which has
its own MP3 player. However, it's still a good idea to play raw files for
performance reasons, and so Asterisk 1.2.0 supports a new files mode for
playing raw files.

Of course you need to convert all mp3 moh files to raw format manually, but
it's easy as described there.