[Asterisk-Users] Re: chan_capi-cm-0.6.4

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Thu Feb 23 06:45:25 MST 2006

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Ralf Schlatterbeck wrote:
> Hello Armin, hello List
> I'm trying to get chan_capi working with asterisk from debian stable
> (asterisk 1.0.7, the debian version number is 1:1.0.7.dfsg.1-2).
> I managed to get it compiled by providing my own version of
> ast_copy_string.

Hmm, this should be handled automatically by the config script.
Does Debian use a patched version of Asterisk?

> This is an Austrian PTP line.  I can do outgoing calls fine (no
> comprehensive tests yet).  For incoming calls, I'm getting "No answer"
> on the remote end (GSM-phone) and the last output on the asterisk
> console (capi debug + set verbose 15) is
>   == ISDN1: Incoming call '0650621XXXX' -> '11'
>
> When I unplug the ISDN line *after several minutes* I'm getting a
> disconnect indication with a layer 1 error.
>
> Interesting is, that I receive an INFO_IND *before* the CONNECT_IND.
> This looks like an interesting variation of Austrian ISDN to me.

Maybe it is a variation of the ISDN line, but the driver should fix that.
Sending INFO_IND with a call-reference (PLCI) which is assigned by
CONNECT_IND later, is just an error of the isdn driver.
If you use mISDN, why don't you use chan_misdn?

Armin