[Asterisk-Users] Hints between servers?

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Feb 23 03:28:20 MST 2006

Chris Bagnall wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Has anyone managed to get dialplan status hints working across multiple
> servers? I've separated a load of SIP users out across 2 servers today, but
> it'd be useful if they could still see each others' status.
>
> I've replaced the various hint lines for the sip devices now on another box
> with:
> exten => 210,hint,IAX2/otherserver/210
>
> Where 210 is defined on  the other server as follows:
> exten => 210,hint,SIP/210
>
> All of them report state as unavailable when doing a "show hints" in the
> dialplan. Have I got the syntax wrong, or is this something that's not meant
> to work in the first place?

yes, it would be a cool feature.

At this point, IAX2 does not support any device status reports at all,
as far as I know. I know that Alan implemented something in Firefly a
while ago for it.

We could implement this in SIP, by forcing an outbound subscription, but
if all the servers are Asterisk servers there has to be more simple ways
to solve this as well as cross-server voicemail notification.

/O