[Asterisk-Users] register => 2345:password@sip_proxy doesn't care about port

kleis-asterisk-dev at tiscali.it kleis-asterisk-dev at tiscali.it
Thu Feb 23 02:53:13 MST 2006

Hi,

to register my Asterisk with a SIP provider I use the following
syntax, as shown in the default sip.conf:

register => 2345:password at sip_proxy

where

[sip_proxy]
type=peer
context=from-messagenet
host=sip.messagenet.it
port=5061 <------------- please note this one!!!

5061 is provider's port I have to register to.
This also would work for me:

register => 2345:password at sip.messagenet.it:5061

but I need the other syntax 'cause I *have* to specify a different
context for incoming calls rather than the default one in sip.conf.

Well, "sip show registry" shows:
Host                  Username  Refresh State
sip_proxy:5060 *******               105 Registered
------------^^^^

As you can see, Asterisk didn't care about port value 5061.

However, "sip show peer sip_proxy" shows:
ToHost : sip.messagenet.it
Addr->IP : 212.97.59.76 Port 5061

What is wrong, please?
Should I report this behaviour as a bug? Maybe a feature request?

Cheers,
Alex

Tiscali ADSL 4 Mega Flat
Naviga senza limiti con l'unica Adsl a 4 Mega di velocità a soli 19,95 € al mese!
Attivala subito e hai GRATIS 2 MESI e l'ATTIVAZIONE.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/banner/middlepagetracking.html%3Fc%3Dwebmailadsl%26a%3Dwebmail%26z%3Dwebmail%26t%3D14%26r%3Dhttp%3A//abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/4flat_tc/