[Asterisk-Users] username as extension

Nathan Alberti asterisk at iipc.com.au
Thu Feb 23 02:34:12 MST 2006

On 23/02/2006, at 4:56 PM, trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 16:46 +0800, Nathan Alberti wrote:
>> Is there a way to have extensions automatically created for
>> registered sip users ?
>>
> in sip.conf
> regcontext=sipregistrations
>
> that adds them to sipregistrations, you can make that anything you
> want
> however I am willing to bet there might be problems if its named
> something else (although that may not be the case).

Yep, that works, thanks Bret.

It seems pretty basic though, it does not seem to remove the entry if
the peer becomes unreachable nor does it remove the entry if the user
is removed from sip.conf and a full reload (or reload chan_sip).

It seems the only way to rebuild the context is a full restart.

Worth submitting a bug over ?

Nathan.