[Asterisk-Users] Hints between servers?

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Wed Feb 22 10:56:39 MST 2006

Greetings all,

Has anyone managed to get dialplan status hints working across multiple
servers? I've separated a load of SIP users out across 2 servers today, but
it'd be useful if they could still see each others' status.

I've replaced the various hint lines for the sip devices now on another box
with:
exten => 210,hint,IAX2/otherserver/210

Where 210 is defined on  the other server as follows:
exten => 210,hint,SIP/210

All of them report state as unavailable when doing a "show hints" in the
dialplan. Have I got the syntax wrong, or is this something that's not meant
to work in the first place?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris