[Asterisk-Users] Best ATA for general residential deployment??

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 10:40:10 MST 2006

Yes.. there are provisioning tools that you have to get.
Unfortunately it's this catch 22 loop.  You have to prove that you can
offer 200+ ATAs to customers, or you can't get the tools, but yet, you
don't really want to offer those ATAs to the customer's without having
the tools.

At any rate... the config is basically one large XML file.   I wrote
my own interface to generate the XML files.   We did get ahold of the
provisioning tools to generate the XML files.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm allowed to give the tools out (some
odd license).   However, if you contact a distributor such as
voipsupply, and tell them you plan to purchase XYZ amount, they may
have some sort of deal they can work with Sipura/Linksys to get you
the tools.  I'd check there.

If nothing else works, I don't think it would be illegal for me to
send you an XML file for the SPA-2002.  At that point you'd know what
it is looking for and you could generate your own XML files.  The only
thing you couldn't do would be generate the 'sipura binary config
files'... but you don't have to use those (As the XML works just
fine).