[Asterisk-Users] TDMoIP and Asterisk

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Wed Feb 22 03:03:57 MST 2006

> James Harper a écrit :
>
> >I want to do it the other way around.
> >
> >Asterisk<---TDMoIP---->RAD<----E1---->Telco
> >

> You'll need 2 RAD boxes, i.e.
>
> Asterisk <-> RAD <----- TDMoIP -----> RAD <-> E1 <-> Telco

I think you missed the point of my question, which was to know if there was any attempt to make Asterisk talk TDMoIP directly, so that I wouldn't have to have any E1 hardware in the Asterisk server at all to satisfy my failover requirements. I guess your answer is an indirect "to my knowledge, it hasn't been done".

The fonebridge would do what I want, but I can't get it in Australia, and if  I imported one, I wouldn't legally be able to attach it to the phone system.

I think the RAD offering is cheaper too.

Thanks

James