[Asterisk-Users] Call queue design issues and suggestions

Gary Richardson gary.richardson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 14:09:32 MST 2006

I don't know if this works for you, but I use the following mechanism. I
don't use the agent call back stuff, just the (Add|Remove)QueueMember stuff.

For each queue, dialing the extension (XXXX), puts the caller into the queue
(ie, a customer calling for reservations). I use **XXXX to sign a phone into
the queue and *XXXX to sign out of a queue.

You can use the manager to see who is currently logged into a port. It
doesn't take much to write a cgi script that outputs the Cisco XML for the
phones. I've built a few apps that do interesting things. It would be quite
easy to write an app that:

   - displays what queues a phone is signed into
   - globally sign out of all queues
   - sign into or out of individual queues

Thanks.