[Asterisk-Users] What business IP phone to use

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Tue Feb 21 12:55:32 MST 2006

I agree with most of Raymond's other points, but I have to take issue with
this one:

> 1) If it doesn't support PoE I won't implement it.  Support
> phones with wall-warts or bricks is just a added hassle and
> adds TCO as most end up being replaced once or twice during
> the lifetime of the phone when someone trips over them etc.
> With PoE switches from linksys starting at $500, there is
> absolutely no reason not to consider them.

That's one *bloody* expensive switch, considering a decent quality 24-port
10/100 switch can be had for £40 (say $70). It's very difficult to justify a
recommendation that a small business should pay over 7 times the price for a
PoE capable switch.

Regards,

Chris