[Asterisk-Users] BAD/GOOD Echo Cancel

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Tue Feb 21 11:31:03 MST 2006

Doug Lytle wrote:
>> asterisk at anime.net wrote:
>>
>> I put a Tellabs 64ms echo canceller into my facility this weekend and
>> am praying that it removes are echo problem.  If it does, I plan on
>> making it a standard on my Asterisk installs that have a channel bank
>> or T1.
>>

> Well, the day is almost over here and not one echo reported today.
> Very impressive!  I had 5 more cards delivered today.

Just as a follow up to this.

I purchased 5 Tellabs 64ms cards on ebaY.  The very 1st card that I put
into production worked quite nicely (Little residual echo, but very much
an improvement).  I was on site this weekend and figured I would test
out the remaining cards, one at a time to confirm they were in working
condition.  This upcoming Monday, I had many complaints of echo.  Went
back Tuesday morning and went over the settings of the previous card
compared to this replacement.  I turns out that only 1 of the 5 cards
had option 38 available (Send Side Echo Cencellation).

So, if you are in the market for one of these cards because of local
echo, you'll want to confirm with the vendor of 'Send side Echo
Cancellation', or at least ask him to check for option 38 after powering
up. Out of the 5 purchased, only 1 had it.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: