[Asterisk-Users] What business IP phone to use

mustardman29 mustardman29 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 21 10:57:30 MST 2006

I have been struggling with this issue for about a year now.  There were
just too many IP phones to choose from at all sorts of price points and not
enough information about any of them.  Now I am looking at the situation
again and if anything it has gotten worse.  There are even more phones and
all sorts of opinions.  For every person that says phone x is great there is
someone else complaining about it.

I ended up buying a Grandstream GXP2000 and an Aastra 9133i to test so I
pretty much know what those two phones are about.  Lot's of people talking
about Polycom phones but they still seem to have their problems and since
they don't officially support Asterisk I have my concerns.  I really don't
want to have to keep buying phones to find out for myself as it get's
expensive real fast.

Is there any unbiased comparison of various phones and features anywhere.
If someone wrote a book I'd buy it but it would probably be obsolete before
it was published with the rate of new IP phone introductions and firmware
revisons.  I hear some people praising the GXP2000 phones and I gotta wonder
what they are smokin (regardless of firmware revison) so I just don't know
who to believe anymore.