[Asterisk-Users] Send flash through zap channel

Stefan Märkle stefan.maerkle at netpioneer.de
Tue Feb 21 08:24:46 MST 2006

Hi everyone,

our setup includes a NEC PBX connected to our asterisk via bri lines.
The NEC has a doorphone feature, which is just an extension that calls you when someone rings. When connected to this extensions, a 'flash' signalling opens the door.

So now, i'd like to trigger this from asterisk, too, but unfortunately wasn't able to do so.

Setup: asterisk 1.2.4-BRIstuffed-0.3.0-PRE-1k, Quad-Bri Junghanns Card, Bris  set on p2pte.

What I tried and didn't work:
* Using Flash() in dialplan - doesn't work since channel is Dial()-ed and doesn't allow applications at that very moment
* Typing *0 on phone => zap channel doc says this should send flash, but doesn't seem to work in bridged scenarios (ZAP=>*=>ZAP or SIP=>*=>ZAP)
* Typing # on phone => as of documentation, this sometimes emulates flash => not in my setup
* Tried the above from snom sip phone, sip ata with analogue phone and flash-key, mobile phone called in via another zap channel => no difference between the incomings

Has somebody any hints for me?

Stefan

--
Stefan Märkle                       Netpioneer GmbH
Leitender Systemarchitekt           Beiertheimer Allee 18

*** Besuchen Sie uns vom 09.03.- 15.03.2006 auf der Cebit 2006 in Hannover. Sie finden uns in Halle 3 auf Stand D31 als Mitaussteller der Imperia AG ***