[Asterisk-Users] Re: SV: Re: Fromstring when sending e-mail on recievedvoicemail

Barry Flanagan barryf-lists at flanagan.ie
Tue Feb 21 07:42:38 MST 2006

Arne Morten Johansen wrote:
> Yeah I did change those. I'm using 1.0.8 (Or was it 9?).
> It seams that the system overrides these settings?

You may need to put the asterisk user into the trusted user list of
sendmail - by default sendmail will not allow users apart from trusted
one to change the From setting. Your server is running as the user
asterisk and if you add that to the trusted list it might do the trick.

Sorry, but I don't know what sendmail Gentoo uses so can't tell you
exactly how to do this.

Hope this helps.

-Barry Flanagan

-Barry Flanagan