[Asterisk-Users] DTMF Tones in RTP Payload as Well as in Events = Duplicate Tones

Max Glucksmann mglucksmann at comtel-networks.com
Tue Feb 21 01:17:33 MST 2006

Dear friends,

As I commented some while ago in the list, occasionally when DTMF Tones are
sent, they appear in RTP Payload and in Events too, producing duplicate
tones being recognized. This behavior happens in Asterisk as well as in
Gateways such as Cisco, for which we had the opportunity to observe the
error and extensively debug it.

We ended up recognizing good digits by adjusting audio gain in the Cisco
IOS, but now some calls' volume is just too low to hear comfortably.

If you could let me know how to adjust reception gain in * it would help us
treat the problem from a different angle.

Resuming, we need to find support to modify rtp.c or dsp.c in order to
silence audio when tones are sent (received in *) from the user to * through
providers using CODECS G.723 and G.721 and DTMF recognition method RFC2833.

Regards,
Max Glucksmann
e-mail: mglucksmann at comtel-networks.com
Web: http://www.comtel-networks.com