[Asterisk-Users] Re: Multiple TDM400P's in a single machine

Ben Dinnerville bdinnerv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 20:20:43 MST 2006

I am running 2 TDM400's in a single machine without a drama. It is a
scenario that will work, but you have to be careful with your PCI slots
and IRQ assignments. I basically disabled everything on board that was
not needed (USB, floppy, IDE2 etc) and had to play around with which
slot the cards went in to ensure that neither of the TDM cards were
sharing resources with something else like the on board eth controller.

You can check that nothing is overlapping by checking the interrupts file -

[dnsadmin at sybdev dnsadmin]$ cat /proc/interrupts
            CPU0       CPU1
   0:  290358233  290361097    IO-APIC-edge  timer
   1:          1          7    IO-APIC-edge  keyboard
   2:          0          0          XT-PIC  cascade
   8:          0          1    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
  12:         26         23    IO-APIC-edge  PS/2 Mouse
  14:    5352052    5654300    IO-APIC-edge  ide0
  16: 2872787990 2934678034   IO-APIC-level  wctdm
  17: 2934636010 2872725440   IO-APIC-level  wctdm
  19:   46509717         13   IO-APIC-level  usb-uhci, eth0
NMI:          0          0
LOC:  580765319  580765318
ERR:          0
MIS:          0
[dnsadmin at sybdev dnsadmin]$

as you can see, in this setup, the usb bus and the eth controller are
sharing, but the tdm cards are on their own. With certain configs, 1 of
the tdm cards was sharing with the eth controller, so was just a case of
  trying different combinations to make sure there was no sharing.

One other thing you might want to consider is instead of going for 2
TDM400's, put in 1 TDM2400 with 1 bank of FXO and 1 bank of FXS - the
price isnt too much different and you have room to grow. This is the
config we are running with for all new systems from now on that require
more than 4 FXO/FXS ports.

Cheers,

Ben