[Asterisk-Users] Fwd: Asterisk on Solaris 10 (AMD Opteron, Sun Fire X2100)

Alexander Burke asterisk at alexburke.ca
Mon Feb 20 16:24:16 MST 2006

Hello all,

I really appreciate the replies I've gotten about this so far
(especially the support for wanting to run it on Solaris!).

The core issue seems to have been missed, though -- is there any way
to run a complete Asterisk solution on Solaris 10 (including
music-on-hold and conferencing)? This probably comes down to a few issues:

- Is ztdummy (a component of Zaptel) *really* required for MoH and
conferencing support?
- I've heard rumblings about "zaprtc" being a potential replacement.
Is it a *real* replacement? Will it work on Solaris 10? If not, what will?
- I *know* people have got to be running Asterisk on Solaris 10 (but
I don't know who they are, unfortunately!). If you happen to be a
member of that esteemed clique, could you please let me know how you
got ztdummy working, or what you used as a replacement? I really
don't see people going without MoH and conferencing in a "real" setup.

Thanks again!

--
Alexander Burke, A+, CCNA
Kingston, Ontario, Canada