[Asterisk-Users] Strange SIP registration situation

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Mon Feb 20 07:37:18 MST 2006

I have 2 Polycom SP 500's attached to my system.  Both are behind NATs,
but both seem to work fine, for the most part.

A few weeks ago, I started to notice that I get an error message from
one of them:

Feb 20 08:54:58 NOTICE[10663]: chan_sip.c:7691 handle_request:
Registration from '<sip:Polycom1 at xxx.yyy.93.254>' failed for
'zzz.aaa.103.75'

However, trying to call the phone works fine, so I know it's registered.

Turning on SIP debug for the phone shows that it attempts to register
and is rejected with "unauthorized", then another attempt is rejected
with "forbidden", and finally a registration succeeds.

The other phone doesn't exhibit this behavior.

I am running asterisk 1.0.7.

Has anyone used Polycoms remotely from behind a NAT enough to have
insight as to what is going on?

Thanks!

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.