[Asterisk-Users] spa3000

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Feb 20 07:25:54 MST 2006

> 2006/2/20, Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com>:
> > In the [linea2] section, you want the fxs port to be able to place
> > calls as well as receive calls, therefore use type=friend. The same
> > with section [line2]. Note that I also changed the [PSTN_2] to [line2]
> > to match the username= line. Watch the upper/lower case matching to
> > your spa3k configuration.
> >
> > After you get the above working correctly, then you can play around
> > with auth=md5, etc.
>
> Ok thanks, I'll try the authentication now.
>
> My other problem now if that spa picks-up the call just after the
> first ring, even when I specified "Off Hook While Calling VoIP:	NO".
> Is this a problem of spa3000 or a problem with asterisk? Who is
> deciding to answer the call?

I'd suggest reading over the info at www.voxilla.com as the interface
from the pstn to asterisk is a little different from what one would
consider normal.

As I recall from various firmware versions on the spa3k, incoming pstn
calls are "forwarded" to asterisk meaning the incoming call is answered
and then forwarded. Later versions did something a little different.

Look for the spa3k configuration wizard on voxilla as it will assist
you with the config process.