[Asterisk-Users] spa3000

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Feb 20 06:18:17 MST 2006

> I'm trying to get working a spa3000 with asterisk. My problem is I
> cant get wroking the incomming calls (I installed the lastest
> firmware). My problem is asterisk is rejecting the authentication from
> the spa3000. Asterisk answers forbidden (SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden) and I
> think I placed the username and password correctly...
>
> Sip.conf says this:
> [linea2]
> username=linea2
> type=peer
> secret=1111
> context=from-pstn
> auth=md5
>
> [PSTN_2]
> username=line2
> type=peer
> secret=1111
> qualify=yes
> port=5061
> nat=no
> host=192.168.0.20
> context=from-pstn
> canreinvite=no
> auth=md5

Try something like this instead:
[linea2]
username=linea2
type=friend
secret=1111
context=from-pstn

[line2]
username=line2
type=friend
secret=1111
qualify=yes
nat=no
context=from-pstn
canreinvite=no

Note that I changed this to type=friend, removed the host=, and
removed the auth=md5. The above works just fine here with a spa3k.

In the [linea2] section, you want the fxs port to be able to place
calls as well as receive calls, therefore use type=friend. The same
with section [line2]. Note that I also changed the [PSTN_2] to [line2]
to match the username= line. Watch the upper/lower case matching to
your spa3k configuration.

After you get the above working correctly, then you can play around
with auth=md5, etc.