[Asterisk-Users] Problems mixing audio in queues and playing queue positions

Faris Raouf asterisk at raouf.net
Mon Feb 20 05:12:00 MST 2006

Hi folks,

Over the weekend I finally decided to upgrade one of our Asterisk
systems from 1.0.9 to 1.2.4

I had no significant problems and all is well in general - as usual
Asterisk rules!

However, I did run into two small issues. Can anyone help me solve them
please? The first one involves queue position announcements, and the
second one is regarding monitor-join.

A) In 1.0.9, as soon as a caller enters a queue they are played the
position announcement (which is what I want) and then it is replayed
every X seconds depending on what I have for announce-frequency in
queues.conf

This is not the case in 1.2.4 though. Effectively the queue position is
not played until after the sum of times set for timeout and retry.

e.g. from queues.conf:

[myqueue]
timeout = 10
retry = 5
wrapuptime=5
maxlen = 0

musiconhold = default
strategy = ringall

announce-frequency = 60
announce-holdtime = yes
announce-round-seconds = 0

monitor-format = wav49
monitor-join = yes

member => sip/phone1
member => sip/phone2
member => sip/phone3

With this queues.conf configuration, in 1.2.4 the caller won't get their
queue position played until after they have been in the queue for 15
seconds, while in 1.0.9 they got it immediately.

Any suggestions? I really think it makes more sense for it to be played
immediately when the caller joins the queue rather than waiting for the
first timeout, which for many configurations might be much longer than
the 15 seconds in mine if timeout and retry are set to higher values.

B) My second issue is that monitor-join = yes in queue.conf does not
seem to work for me - I still get individual -in and -out files for
calls in the queue.

Admittedly I had this problem in 1.0.9 too, but not in 1.0.7 I don't think.

A very significant bit of information here is that using the m option in
Monitor() in extensions.conf does not work for me either (I still get
individual -in and -out files). The correct soxmix command gets executed
(at least it appears on the console) but does not actually have any
effect on the files. Manually running the exact same command on the
command line does work, and joins the files correctly, so sox and soxmix
are there, and are in the path, and work correctly in theory.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Faris.