[Asterisk-Users] ~1 sec delay from callee answering to call established on dialout

John Morris asterisk at butchwax.com
Mon Feb 20 01:27:40 MST 2006

Hi,

I've been using Asterisk (now version 1.2.4) for quite a while, and I'm
trying to switch from POTS lines to a VOIP termination service.  I've
had this problem with a few services I've tried, so the problem must be
on my end.  Here's what I see:

When dialing out, I hear rings, and the call connects.  But by the time
the call connects, the callee has already said 'hello' and there's just
silence while he waits for me to speak.  (One of my friends has already
learned that it's me calling when that happens!)

I wish I had more information, but that's about it.  I've seen some
other posts about this that went unresolved.  This didn't happen when I
used to use the FXO card.  If it's relevant, this happens with my soft
phone, my cordless (and FXS card), and cell phone (dialing in then
DISAing out).  This also happens on incoming calls, but I care less
since I have the Wait command.

Any help greatly appreciated!

	John