[Asterisk-Users] Application Faxing using SIP

J Poz jpoz0000 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 08:20:06 MST 2006

Sorry, I didn't intend to imply I was sharing the server. It's a root server and I control everything on it. The only thing running on it is my application - it's not shared with anyone or anything else.

Technical Support <support at ocg.ca> wrote:      If you are sharing a box at an ASP, you might have just identified the cause of your problems.  Faxing is very time sensitive.  With voice, you won't notice or care if there are brief dropouts of audio.  With fax, these will cause resend of the raster line (hence the long delays).  If your box is shared with other apps, you may not be getting the time slices you need (very different from overall CPU power you are getting).

  Can you get onto your own box at the ASP?

  MD