[Asterisk-Users] indications issues in Singapore?

Leo Ann Boon leo at datvoiz.com
Fri Feb 17 17:10:06 MST 2006

Chris Earle (CBL) wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>haven't seen many posts about asterisk in Singapore...
>Getting a server going there and was wondering if TDM400Ps will be fine in
>FCC mode, and if there are indications / cadence values that I should be
>putting on there as in other international locations.
>
>Seen an unsettling post on voip-info about Singapore issues with Call
>Polarity/Hangup Detection -- crossing my fingers I don't run into that
>problem :-)

Analog lines here are mostly loopstart, so you need to enable busydetect
if you're using the zaptel FXO. A better option is to use a capi ISDN
BRI card. I used the Fritz! PCI card with chan_capi, costs around S$160.
The original poster on voip-info wrote about using kewlstart and CPC,
which I have never encountered over here. I guess it was in vogue during
the good old DID analog trunk days. But nowadays, you either use plain
analog or move to BRI/PRI if you need MSN/DDI.