[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream GXP-2000

Philip Edelbrock phil at netroedge.com
Fri Feb 17 14:28:07 MST 2006

Clint Sharp wrote:
> I'm still having numerous echo issues, even on SIP calls, with the
> GXP-2000s.  Unfortunately, they cause echo on the remote end on SIP
> calls, which does not occur on other phone models.  The speaker phone is
> unusable due to echo problems.  Maybe the 1.0.2 firmware branches will
> help, but I'm scared of upgrading with no path back to a stable
> firmware.  They're really nice hardware, but unfortunately the software
> for them just stinks (no gain control on the handsets or speakerphones,
> lots of missing options I'd like).  Unfortunately, I have yet to find a
> sub $100US phone that I like.  I definitely would not order 15 until I'd
> ordered a couple and tested.

We have three of them for evaluation (fw 1.0.1.12).  They are OK.  Some
issues we have:

- Echo sort of comes and goes, but for the most part it isn't too bad.
Can get rather distracting to others on conf calls, though.  Seems to
happen when using the handset, but not w/ speakerphone?
- Speaker phone is actually quite good, but quiet
- headset jack takes over the speaker phone, not the handset (which is
rather odd)
- handset cable is not compatible with most headset kits, it seems

Price is good, and there are lots of features.  Overall design is not
bad.  Display is OK.  Web interface is good.  HTTP firmware update
didn't work for me, but TFTP did.

I haven't yet tried the 1.0.2.x firmware.  Sounds promising.  Hopefully
it will be 'stable' soon.

Phil