[Asterisk-Users] Cheap BRI card

Conrad Wood asterisk-users at conradwood.net
Fri Feb 17 13:33:50 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 20:08 +0100, Michiel van Baak wrote:
> On 16:14, Fri 17 Feb 06, Mimmus wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm asking to myself what's the main problem in using cheap BRI cards
> > (30-60Euro, as these HFC-based) vs. great active cards as Eicon DIVA.

I run an asterisk box with 2HFC cheap (billion) cards (7.99 GBP ~ 1
Euro?). It's our own phone system (not a clients' site). It works well
now, but occassionally it's a bit fiddly. It took me a while to install
and get rid of all the echo, kernel panics and segfaults ( I went
through isdn4linux, capi, misdn and finally ended up with bristuff).
Unless you got a house full of technicians you probably won't save much
by buying cheaper ISDN BRI cards in the long term ;)

conrad