[Asterisk-Users] ARI 0.06

Dan Littlejohn dan at littlejohnconsulting.com
Fri Feb 17 11:20:59 MST 2006

On 2/17/06, Jean-Marc Salsa <jsalsa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I always use your ARI through AAH, and indeed nice job !
>
> A few comment :
> - I have seen that we could use ARI only for the Call Monitor by setting a
> value. would it be possible to do the same for "only Voicemail" ... indeed,
> we are using Asterisk only for Voicemail, and this would be so good only to
> present this tab to people ... ( And in Settings page also, hiding the Call
> Monitor Settings part here too )
> - Same for help ( to show it or not )
>
> I have installed it on our AAH 1.3 version and here are the error messages I
> get :
>

> Call Monitor Page (Only the first message on each page shows the "Play"
> link):
> Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for
> /var/lib/asterisk/bin/archive_recordings/ (errno=20 - Not a
> directory) in
> /var/www/html/recordings/includes/bootstrap.inc on line 113
>
> Settings Page (Didn't try to apply new settings):
> Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
> /var/www/html/recordings/modules/settings.module on line
> 434
> Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
> /var/www/html/recordings/modules/settings.module on line
> 473
> Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
> /var/www/html/recordings/modules/settings.module on line
> 577
>
> I hope you won't take these comments as critics,
> you are really doing a GREAT job !
> Asterisk was really lacking this application part !
>
> Thanks again,
>
> And all the best !
>

> Jean-Marc
>
> On 2/17/06, Dan Littlejohn <dan at littlejohnconsulting.com> wrote:
> >
> > ARI  (Asterisk Recording Interface) has reached another milestone.
> > The project is starting to become a full featured user portal and
> > handle all the common errors that people seem to have.  This release
> > supports:
> >
> > call monitor page – new features include column sorting and filter
> > small duration calls
> >                                  in addition to the
> ability to listen
> > to call monitor recordings
> > voicemail page – allows voicemail message listening and management
> > handset feature code help page - I can never remember them all
> > user settings web interface - that allows setting call fowarding,
> > voicemail email and
> >                                                pager,
> voicemail
> > password, and call monitor recording
> >
> > There are also alot of i18n translations now, although with all the
> > rework of the code many are now somewhat broken and need to be
> > updated.  If you speak one of the following, email and I will send you
> > the page to translate or updating to the appropriate ari.po page and
> > returning it to me would be very helpful.
> >
> > German
> > Greek
> [...]

Jean-Marc:

Thanks for the feedback.  I have addressed these issues they are
available on my website and have been checked into AMP cvs.

I have added a setting to the /recording/includes/main.conf file.

  $ARI_DISABLED_MODULES = "";
      allows for  individual modules to be disabled (they are true
modules though, and you can just delete them from the
/recordings/modules directory)

the is_dir error is a PHP bug.
http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.www.php-dev/browse_frm/thread/1b5b94e775b70cdb/877e4406600a8121?lnk=st&q=Warning%3A+is_dir()%3A+Stat+failed+for+errno%3D20+-+Not+a+directory&rnum=1&hl=en#877e4406600a8121
But, I think I was able to suppress the error.

The settings page errors have been corrected.

Thanks;
Dan
512.791.0137
www.littlejohnconsulting.com