[Asterisk-Users] problem with outgoing callsUnabletocreatechannelof type 'ZAP' (cause 34 - Circuit/channelcongestion)

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.biz
Fri Feb 17 09:33:02 MST 2006

Nik,

This definitely helps!  Please check your dial command. You've got
"Dial(Zap/0/mynumber)" and I think you might possibly want it to be
something like this:
Dial(Zap/1/mynumber)   or
Dial(Zap/g0/mynumber)

I don't recall there being a zap channel zero, but it is common to have
a group zero.  I would recommend trying Zap channel 1 -
Dial(Zap/1/mynumber) - before trying the group.  Again, please get the
debug info.  The "CHANUNAVAIL" message made it easier to diagnose this
issue.

Don't give up!  The education you are getting will help you in the long
run and in a few months you'll be able to help a * newbie with the same
issues!

-MC