[Asterisk-Users] How do I install speex for asterisk?

Matt Roth mroth at imminc.com
Fri Feb 17 09:14:10 MST 2006

Jesus,

If you recompile Asterisk and still have problems, take a look in
"/codecs/Makefile".  It'll tell you where Asterisk expects to find stuff
in order to trigger the building of the speex-related objects.  If the
build goes as planned, the "/codecs" directory will contain three
speex-related files:

- codec_speex.c
- codec_speex.o
- codec_speex.so

On my box, a "yum install speex-devel" took care of everything for me.
I only did this to ensure some changes that I made to codec_speex.c
would compile, so I have no experience with using the actual codec.
Nonetheless, I hope this information is helpful to you.

Good luck,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer