[Asterisk-Users] [OT] List messages and end user outages

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Fri Feb 17 07:36:18 MST 2006

Sorry, this is off topic to asterisk itself, but is about
the list server.

I had a power failure lastnight at home, where my email
server resides, and my network was down for about 20
minutes, that was after 45 minutes of uptime on UPS. Since
power was restored, around 9:45 PM EST on 2/16, I have not
received a single post from the users, biz, or dev lists.
Normally when this has happened in the past, it has taken
24 hours for the list server to start sending to my email
server again.

My question is why so long? I am on other lists and it
might take an hour or so for the messages to start showing
up, but why 24 hours for a 20 minute loss of contact with
my email server?

Robert

P.S. - If there is somewhere else this question should be
directed, that would be constructive, please feel free to
let me know.