[Asterisk-Users] Re: one way / irratic voice over iax and g729

Ben Dinnerville bdinnerv at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 03:05:47 MST 2006

The carrier does not support speex, only g729, 723 and 711, so to
minimise codec coversions etc, and  due to the fact that licensing 723
is so expensive and 711 is a bit fat on bandwidth (asterisk 1 is
connecintg over 128k ISDN) we are kind of stuck with g729 (not that it
has ever proved to be a problem anywhere else)