[Asterisk-Users] Rights problem with Voicemail and non-root user - yeah I know, I thought I had it fixed...

Giorgio Incantalupo gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
Fri Feb 17 01:16:41 MST 2006

Hi Chuck,
my solution may be considered a bit strange but I chose it after trying
asterisk code without success, trying to use Tzafrir patch but I had to
change asterisk user umask too....
The right solution could be something like a "voicemail_dir_permissions"
parameter in voicemail.conf so anyone could change permissions without
modifying asterisk code. The externnotify parameter solution I used was
the faster and less "invasive". If you want to make a script to install
asterisk, it is better to copy voicemail.conf and a script file than
patching.

Giorgio Incantalupo