[Asterisk-Users] zoom FXS/FXO gateways

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Thu Feb 16 23:15:53 MST 2006

On Feb 16, 2006, at 3:40 PM, asterisk at anime.net wrote:

> http://www.zoomtel.com/products/voip_products.html
>
> anyone using these? they look very interesting in that they support
> ilbc, and they offer a separate cheaper model without g729 license.
>
> i'm wondering if their EC is better than the spa3000, and what the
> echo tail length is.

Interesting.  I hadn't seen that one.  I am also looking to fix an echo
issue in a small setup (1FXO).  I am currently using the Grandstream
HT-488 which sometime works, and sometimes echos a lot.

I have ordered the wellgate 3701A to see if that helps me any...  It's
about twice the price of the SPA3000 ($199), but I know my 2 wire loop
is 15000ft+ so I figured the SPA3000 isn't going to help me.

I don't know the current incarnation of Zoom, but certainly in the past
there modem products were purely cheapo trash.

Marty